Frequently Asked Questions
1. For how much time will it be visible that I underwent a HT surgery?
2. When can I return to work after surgery ?
Being that FUE is a minimally invasive technique patients ca return to work within 1 week or surgery. If work involves physically activity then we comment a minimum of 2 weeks before.
3. Am I allowed to drive immediately after surgery?
4. When will I be able to take a shower after surgery?
5. I suffer from a severe edema in my face, should I worry?
6. When will I be able to exercise again?
7. When can I start using Rogaine again?
8. When can I start using hair fibres again?
9. How high is the risk that I suffer from postoperative hair loss?
10. Do the scabs come off by themselves after the surgery?
11. I have lost some transplanted hairs together with the scabs, are these transplants lost?
12. I have ‘cracked lines’ in the recipient area. Should I worry about this?
13. I am now 4 months postoperative, what can I expect at this stage?
14. I am now 6 months postoperative, what can I expect at this stage?
15. I am now 9 months postoperative, what should I expect at this stage?
16. Postoperative sports?
• After 2 week postoperative following activities / restrictions are again allowed:
• Cardiovascular training: jogging, walking, swimming (salt water).
• Sexual activity is allowed.
Use of a baseball cap.
• After 2 weeks postoperative following activities are again allowed:
Swimming (chlorine water)
Use of a wool cap
• After 1 month the following activities/restrictions are again allowed:
Heavy power lifting, teamsports such as soccer, basketball are allowed but keep avoiding hard hits to the head until 3 months postoperative.
Wearing a (motor) helmet is again allowed without any restriction.
• After 12 weeks postoperative following activities/restrictions are again allowed:
Contact sports (boxing, kickboxing, MMA,..)